Thursday, April 17, 2014

Home School Curriculum

Oh, my! This is going to be a long post. Let me start by saying the following:
1. I never knew there was such a "to-do" about home schooling even though I know a lot of people who do it.
2. It seems like there are so many varieties out there of methods and curriculum, everyone does something a little different and everyone is hard core about their choices (as they should be).
3. I chose to home school for several reasons, of which I'll tell you about later when I have time.
4. Just because I'm a teacher, doesn't mean I feel entirely comfortable about it; actually, it makes me extremely more picky in choosing curriculum(s).

Currently, my Ava Rae is 3, so she's doing some prek things. We are using ABC Mouse.com with her and she is loving it. I like it because I can differentiate and chose the level she needs to be on. She likes the variety of learning experiences and it was SO, SO, SO affordable for our one income family. Love, Love, Love! I guess I need to do a Love Note about it.
I am also researching Classical Conversations (have a couple friends who use it) and Sonlight (because I like using literature to teach). I also am interested in Singapore Math for K5.  Anyone have any thoughts on these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking joy in encouraging others at home, at school and at play!