Thursday, April 17, 2014

Love Note: The Bear Who Shared

My first official "Love Note" goes to a book we really enjoy reading with our girls (and we really love to read good books around here, so there will be many more to follow, I'm sure).  What? Did you forget, teacher here!  Oh, and my husband is a teacher too! Okay, so back to the LN.  This book is called, "The Bear Who Shared" written and illustrated by Catherine Rayner. The art work is soft and clean. I love the simplicity of the pictures and this is not a "wordy" book, great for little sweeties who need to get in the bed and, hey, you'll easily meet your story quota for the night! haha!  It's about Norris, the wise bear who decides to share with his acquaintances and thereby ends up gaining a couple of new friends. The name of the fruit is a little hard to pronounce: "plorringe". I've never heard of a plorringe and I wonder if it's a real fruit. The book makes it sound very yummy, so if you know of a plorringe out there, I might want to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking joy in encouraging others at home, at school and at play!