Wednesday, July 2, 2014

FROZEN Homeade

We don't have a lot of income in our family as we are living off of a teacher's salary! However, my little three-year-old loves the movie FROZEN just as much as any and so she of course wanted the dolls to play with. Currently, they are out of stock in most stores and even if they were in stock, that's pricy for us. So, we made them! 

FROZEN DOLLS

I found these Peel and Stick decals on Zulily for $9.00. (This link is for Amazon since the Zulily deal has now expired.)  Once they arrived, I simply stuck them to file folders and cut out around them. Voila! Paper dolls. I also backed them with a popsicle stick to help them stay straight. These are great for my little one and she takes very good care of them because they are a treasured toy! We used the extra decals to decorate her foot board.



FROZEN Homemade Elsa Train

To make my little girl's train, I used a shower curtain liner free of chemicals which I bought at Home Goods for $6.99.  This was unique for the train because it has a snowflake pattern!  I bought the roll of blue yarn at Michael's for $4.99.  
1. Cut the shower curtain in half vertically.
2. Cut horizontally to make it short enough to fit your little one. 
3. Cut rounded ends and two slits to make three end sections. 
4. Simply thread the yarn through the ring holes at the top, creating holding knots.
5. Make one more loop on each end to slip over arms.
Enjoy making homemade FROZEN fun with your little ones too. I hope you can find these tips useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking joy in encouraging others at home, at school and at play!